Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Change, Hope, Community... Yes We Can!


The new President of the United States was sworn in yesterday. YEAH!!!! What a beautiful ceremony and induction. Having only been alive a little over 41 years, of all the Presidential Inaugurations I have seen, this is the one I will remember. I am still reliving the moments in my head today. I am so proud to be an American and to have been able to witness true, peaceful Democracy in a country of bother(sister)hood.

It was so awesome to see all the multitudes of people attending the Inauguration. What a beautiful day and beautiful sight! So I chose this picture for my blog post, because of how much it touched me so much. What a day to remember! I was fortunate enough to see it as it happened.

I have to put this one little tid bit into my blog. Of all the guests that performed or spoke at the Inauguration, I LOVED Rev. Lowery! Was he not the cutest little old guy you ever saw! What color and humor he put into a fun rhyme at the end of his speech. Something that children everywhere could understand and remember for their years to come! It was great to see President Obama smile and chuckle at this speaker too! Reverend Lowery: Amen! Amen! Amen!

My funny husband has been asking me every hour since the "Swearing-In"; "Has the Economy changed yet?" I am sure many are expecting instant Miracles of this new President. I am more realistic than that. It's going to take more than just a New President to change the economy. I do wish President Obama the best of luck in his new job! He has a tough road ahead of him and I have faith that he is up to the challenges before him.

Congratulations President Barack Hussein Obama!

God Bless America!

No comments: