Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Apples to Pie - OH MY!




I came home this weekend to an already early crop of ripe Apples! We are about 2 weeks ahead of our usual piking time for apples at Ferme' LaFournaise. We picked the first large bowl that we could hold today and there are still more waiting on the tree to be picked over the next week or two. So off to the Temecula Berry Farm to get some fresh blueberries to add to our fruit pies. Mmmmm Fruit Pies!

It is time once again to start my creations, I am wondering how many this year we will get from our little crop. I think I just may call in some friends to come over and have them put together their pies to take and bake :-) Wouldn't that be fun? So who would like a KK Pie?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Girl, O My what a fantastic little tree you have. I am amazed...

I am on my way out of town to my conference very early in the morning. I wont be back until late Sunday.

Save apples or a pie for me. Love you. Lynn

Anonymous said...

Hi! That is such a great idea. I should do that with all the orange trees we have. Then again, you can only make so much with oranges. :)
Enjoy your tasty treats. :)